Wednesday, January 11, 2012

100+ College Essay Topics 9

How do you feel about Wednesday? (U of Chicago)

My least favorite day of the week is Wednesday for me. By Wednesday I have used up all my energy that I had from the weekend. I have at least one extra- curricular activities per week, and unfortunately or fortunately Mondays and Tuesdays are the hardest ones. As many friends of mine knows, if I am tried I get crazy. I jump up and down the stairs of my dorm, talk and I ask more questions in class more than usual, and I wonder about the weirdest things on Wednesdays. I think about the reason behind everything and I talk about this to everyone. Thus, my roommate tries to stay away from my nonsense ideas.

For example I thought about justice as I was reading the book Justice written by Michael Sandel. I pondered about the whole idea of justice. Who came up with the idea of Justice, that stealing is not sharing, that white lies should not be lies? If it was a group of people who came up with it, did it consider everyone? Why is it wrong to eat humans? I mean I do not eat it, but some tribes believe that it is honor to be eaten after they are dead. Nowadays, everyone thinks they know about what is wrong and right. The question is do they really know that justice is? These are some of the less outrageous thoughts I have on Wednesday.

Though I say Wednesdays are my least favorite day of the week because I get very tired. However, I also think Wednesdays are the days that I learn the most about myself. So I guess maybe Wednesday is  after all a wonderful day of the week.


1 comment:

  1. I was quite confused with this post, because of how you shift in the middle and how it relates to your over all topic. Now that i think about it, I don't really think Wednesdays are the most horrible days, I feel Thursdays really kill me because your close to the weekend, but then your not there yet.

    ReplyDelete