Monday, November 14, 2011

“100+ College Essay Topics” 3

#117: Hiking to Understanding

In our school, Woodstock, what most people's so called 'hiking' is just up to the school from dorms. Though it is a short one that only takes maximum 30 minutes of one's day it is day a pretty difficult hike for everyday, especially when one is about to be late for school. It is not the physically difficultly that the students face, but more of emotional one. 
While walking up to school I tend to think about my schedule of the day. If I have any minor subjects that day or if it going to be filled with majors. I think about what the classes are going to be like; getting an in-class assignments or just bunch of homework and project handed to us like that is the only subject we take.  I try my best to understand teacher's side, while hiking, but always fail to understand why they fail to understand our side of the story.
I walk up to school pondering about what I am going to do after school. Since, every after school I have something different activities I wonder why I took so many extracurricular activities, when the teachers told me to choose five at the maximum. I hike trying to understand myself and why I try so hard when I do not have to. Some say hike and you will see the true characteristic of  a person, but I hike everyday and yet, I fail to understand the true character of myself. 
In my life I hike 20 minutes everyday, trying to understand the things that I actually want the answer to. But rather, realize that I failed to understand everything that I wanted to understand.

1 comment:

  1. I also think about my day as I hike to school every day. And I often think up evil lesson plans, because I know that mine is the most important subject that students take.

    ReplyDelete