Sunday, January 29, 2012

100+ College Essay Topics 11

Once you have completed your education, would you return to your hometown to begin your adult life? Why or why not? (William and Mary)

Every vacation, when I reach my home my parents ask me, “What do you want to do in the future?” Every family meeting I attend my relatives ask me, “Where do you want to go for University?” However, my answer is always the same, “I do not know.” The future that I thought was so well planned out is not even there; just like the promises that politicians make every year. To find my interest I participate in many extra- curricular activities. It is not that I do not enjoy anything, but rather like all of it. I think if there were no after school activities that I go to, I would be depressed due to boredom.

Sadly, in Korea, where I come from, there is no such thing as extra- curricular. All there is after school is more studying until they go to bed, which is around 2 am. I want to introduce fun extra- curricular activities that children will actually enjoy, and not be like those academies that students are forced to go. So my answer is, ‘Yes, I would come back to my hometown to begin my adult life, once my education is completed.’ I would come back show something other than studying in Korea and bring some joy in their lives. Hoping that they will actually enjoy their lives, leading it to some decline in teenage suicide rate. As South Korea has one of the highest suicide rates in the world. I really hope this rate goes down with my help later in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I had no idea the school system in Korea was so intense. Have you looked at this article?
    http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1983234,00.html

    I think extra-curriculares could really help some of those kids! What a great goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great essay!
    I like how you are to the point. I think you have a different way of thinking about these things, which is great! And I think its a great thing to think about for the future: helping children have more fun. It's true: from what I have seen, studying and excelling seems to be a big deal in Korea. I remember all those crazy stories you told me about people committing suicides and all. A very thoughtful goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With your dedication and devotion, you can easily make a change in all over South Korea.
    I feel bad for children in South Korea.
    Hope you make a difference and best of luck :)
    Study hard so that you can make a bigger difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think you need more detail on what you would plan to start in your country. You have focused to much on your life here in Woodstock rather than focusing on what you would like to plan in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you have diverted from the topic specially in the second paragraph. I think rather than answering the question you started talking about what you plan and want to do in the future in terms of starting the whole extra curricular thing. I know in the beginning you kind of hinted you don't know but i think you should maybe make this point more clear.

    ReplyDelete